May I never grow too old to treasure 'once upon a time'. ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oh My Blog!! A Delayed Gratification for the OMB Award

I apologize to my dear friend and fellow blogger Zakiya of http://walkingbutterflyfeet.blogspot.com/ because she so sweetly nominated me for the Oh My Blog! Award. And, like the bad little busy bee I’ve been, I have yet to properly thank her. Do first, BIG shout out to Zakiya for nominating me the OMB Award! (Can you do shout outs on Blogs? Oh, well. I just did.)


Here are the Rules of the OMB Award:

1.) Get Really Excited that you Got the COOLEST award EVER!!!! (Already done…a while ago (sorry!)

2. Choose ONE of the Following Options pf Accepting the OMB Award:

 Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus. (Ha…I don’t think ANYONE wants to listen to me rant when I drink…next, please….)

 Write About Your Most Embarrassing Moment

 Write a “Soundtrack of Your Childhood” Post

 Make your next Blog a “Vlog” (Video blog). Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.

 Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make-up, etc.) and post it.

3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don’t forget to tell them!

The Next Oh My Blog Award goes to…Drum Roll, Please!: (in no particular order…Where You Wish Upon A Star does in no way play favorites like that)

 *Carla of
http://carlassecretlifeofbooks.blogspot.com/







*The “Bookalicious” woman behind http://www.bookalicious-ramblings.net/



 *And the Park Avenue Princess  at http://aparkavenueprincess.blogspot.com/

And now for my OMB Statement I chose to write about the "Soundtrack to my Childhood".  This basically entails all those songs you might sing to pass the time on a long road trip, a few of the classics and a few made up ones courtesy of my sister and me. As a kid, we spent a lot of time in the car, traveling to see my grandparents in Michigan and then in Connecticut when they moved. As we got older the car rides were a little shorter (only marginally so) as my sister and I travelled New England to go to tennis tournaments every weekend. Here is our music:
"On the Road Again" - Willie Nelson
"Mommy Made Me New Clothes" - Me & My Sister
"Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" - Sing Along Songs
"99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" - Sing Along Songs
"Down by the Bay"- Sing Along Songs
"Miss Lucy Had a Steamboat..."- Sing Along Songs
"Oh My Darling Clementine"- Sing Along Songs
"Miss Mary Mack"- Sing Along Songs
"She'll Be Comin Round the Mountain"- Sing Along Songs
"Puff the Magic Dragon"- Sing Along Songs
"Rockin' Robin"- Sing Along Songs
"He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" - Sing Along Songs
"Runnin' Down a Dream" - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

As we got older, our parents introduced us to classic rock and the ladies of the eighties and early nineties. We would listen to everything from Tom Petty, The Eagle, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Led Zeppelin, REO Speedwagon, Fleetwood Mac, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, The Bangles, Belinda Carlisle and so many more. To this day, I have such a strong love of music that is so varied, one might think it a little bizarre, but I love it. I think there is a song for every season, event, mood, feeling, day and of course, car ride.
Thank you so much again, Zakiya, for nominating me for the Oh My Blog! Award. Thank you to my blog readers for taking a short break form my posts about reading and writing Chick Lit. I can't wait to hear from all those I nominated and what OMB category they will choose to write about.

Coming Very Soon. Look out for my next post on Outlining your Chick Lit Fiction Novel.

5 comments:

  1. Hi it pavan bookroom101.blogspot.com
    THANK YOU for put my blog on your for a nomination for the Oh My Blog Award! I dont know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks so much for giving me this award, I really appreciate it! And congrats on winning it yourself - keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both of you (and everyone else!)!! You definitely deserve it...love love love your blogs. Can't wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Cathy for the OMG award nomination!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so welcome Carla! Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete