May I never grow too old to treasure 'once upon a time'. ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Queens of Scribble or Who I'd Like to See Pen a Chick Lit Book

"All we care about are the runway models, Cadillacs and liquor bottles," Lady Gaga




As a member of The Chick Lit Club website I write reviews for audio books by new, old, classic and everyone in between who has ever written (and recorded) a Chick Lit book. For the month of July, we were all asked to contemplate who we would most like to see write a chick lit themed book. As my love for chick lit runs far and wide, you can imagine the difficulty that went into my decision-making on this task. Here is just a sampling of Chick Lit authors who reached celebrity status first:


Model, Incorporated by Carol Alt (Model)

He Loves Me…He Loves Me Not by Claudia Carroll (Dublin TV Actress)

LA Candy (Series) by Lauren Conrad (Reality TV Star)

The Mistress by Martine McCutcheon (Love, Actually – MOVIE Star)

Envy by Colleen Nolan

Revenge by Sharon Osbourne (Reality TV Star, Host, married to Musician Ozzy)

A Model Summer by Paulina Porizkova (Model)

Crystal by Katie Price (Glamour Model Jordan)

The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie (Lionel’s daughter, Paris Hilton’s BFF)

Coming Up Next by Penny Smith

Outside-In by Courtney Thorne-Smith (Melrose Place)

 
 
 
 
Yet, for some reason, the name Lady Gaga and the show Gossip Girl kept popping into my head. Maybe because of all the recent media hype; maybe because of my passion for music that makes me want to put the “pedal to the metal” or maybe just because I think she’s wild and crazy, but ultimately, I chose Lady Gaga as the artist I would most like to see a Chick Lit book written by. She is becoming an icon in the world of fashion (with or without her music) and she never fails to pull out all the stops when making an entrance, anywhere (even if she does sometimes forget to wear her pants!). In fact, I read recently that she applied to join the Philip Treacy team of interns to learn the art behind becoming a fashion designer, specifically hat (see below for some of the outlandish creations she's donned in the past). Perhaps, she can draw on her experiences at PT, a la Lauren Weisberger's muse for The Devil Wears Prada....stranger things have happened....









More UK Celebs and CL  books to come: Fern Britton, My World by Cheryl Cole and Ulrika Jonsson



Some of the celebs I’d love to see write a chick lit novel either about the Fashion or Music industry or maybe just about partying, being a mother, a wife or a person of minority living the “large” life includes, Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Fergie (Black Eyed Peas) and Kanye West. I’d also love to see Gossip Girl actresses Blake Lively and/or Leighton Meister pen a Teen/Young Adult Chick Lit novel. FInally, if I had to pick a Lad Lit book, I'd choose Kanye West, similarly, for his stint at Louis Vuitton and the Gap - I'm sure he has plenty of dramatic material to pull from (regardless!).













Although this may be redundant, since she already came out with a novel on How to Be an Heiress, I would still love to see a Chick Lit novel by Paris Hilton – after all, is there anything the woman hasn’t done yet?? Wouldn’t you love to hear some fictionalized version of real life events that she has the insider scoop on - whether her novel chronicled one woman’s life as a fabulously famous heiress, a reality tv star or even, her stint in jail – this book is sure to fly off bookshelves worldwide.

Until any of the chick lit books on my celebrity wishlist become realities, I will go back to working on my own Chick Lit novel.....



1 comment: