May I never grow too old to treasure 'once upon a time'. ~ Anonymous

Friday, April 30, 2010

Love the Ones You Walk For: MS Walk Hyannis


This Sunday, May 2, 2010 I will be walking in the 2010 Walk MS Hyannis with my family to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I never knew a whole lot about the illness until a few years ago when my eyes started to become more aware of all the poor people that were afflicted with it, including an aunt, a co-worker and my mother-in-law-to-be in addition to a many other acquaintances I have made in my 27 plus years.

Multiple Sclerosis is a very disheartening and unforgiving disease. There is so much that remains unknown about it with the only two commonalities I can see being 1.) that it effects everybody differently and 2.) that it is debilitating, whether fast or slow, it all depends on the individual.
There is nothing sadder than watching your loved ones go on a course from their time of diagnosis to the loss of their independence and eventual mortality. I realize that my efforts, alone in this walk to raise money and awareness for the research, advocacy, support and education towards a better way of life for those afflicted with MS may not be much, but the possibility for exponential growth that may come out of my participation via word of mouth, sponsorship, donations and more gives me hope that we may be able to exert change in the lives of those we care most about and the future of patients with multiple sclerosis.
Please support me and my family as we walk in this 10k on Sunday to try a make "a world free of MS". I hope to be posting some pictures of my family and the walk this weekend.

For information on the walk in Hyannis or other locations around the country, please visit:
http://walkmam.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=WLK_MAM_homepage

A world of information about multiple sclerosis and how you can help is available at http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/MAM/index.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment